I have applied as a Freshman
Thank you for applying to CSUSM! Please continue to check MyCSUSM and email for notifications from the Office of Admissions. Admission notification emails begin rolling out early January.
- CSUSM Username and Applicant Password
You will receive an email with the subject "Your CSUSM Log-in Information - Action Required." The email includes your username and will provide steps to create your applicant password to access your applicant portal in MyCSUSM.
Follow the steps on the screen to create your Applicant password.
The verification method will be the phone number you provided when you applied. You can choose to either receive a text message or an automated call for verification.
- If you did not provide a phone number or if the phone number looks incorrect, you will need to contact the Student Help Desk for assistance with setting up your password.
If you need any help with your username or password, please email the Student Technology Help Desk or call (760) 750-4790.
- Check MyCSUSM for Admission Status Updates
Check MyCSUSM regularly for updates to your admission status, and for any items noted on your "To Do" list. Send us any items listed by the posted deadlines.
- Required Documents
Your application, application fee, and test scores are the only items intially required. CSUSM does not review other documents at the time you apply (unless specifically asked of you), including: transcripts of any type, letters of recommendation, portfolios.
- Changing Information on Your CSUSM Application
You must notify us in writing by sending an email to: email@example.com for the following reasons:
- Changes to your planned "a-g" coursework in your senior year
- Unsatisfactory grades, such as D or F, in your senior year
- Failure to meet the terms of the provisional contract after being offered admission as a freshman
In the subject line, please state "Changes to my application." In the body of your email, please include your CSUSM Student ID number and your name as it would appear on your application. Please include specific changes that you would like to make on your application. This information will then go to the appropriate admissions officer to include in the evaluation of your application.
- Admission Decision Notice
You will receive notice of admission or denial via MyCSUSM and email, no paper letter is mailed out. Notices begin going out in December and continue on a rolling basis. You will not receive an admission decision until all requested documents and test scores have been submitted for review.
If you are denied admission and you feel you have extenuating circumstances, you have the right to appeal. Read about the appeal process.