I want to apply...
We consider transfer applications based on the following criteria:
General Education Requirements
Written Communication (A2) and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning (B4)
The CSU General Education Breadth requirements include a course in written communication (requirement A2) and a course in mathematics/quantitative reasoning (requirement B4). You need to have completed one written communication and one mathematics/quantitative reasoning courses with a grade of "C-" or higher for admission.
Transcripts and Test Information
Lower division transfers - following submission of your application, you must submit:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (grades or in-progress units from the most recent enrolled semester should be included).
- Official high school transcript showing completion of all requirements.
- Official test scores, if you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) exam or International Baccalaureate (IB) exam and need this credit to meet admissions requirements.
Upper division transfers: following submission of your application, you must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Grades (or in-progress units) from the most recent enrolled semester should be included on the transcript. If you have taken an Advanced Placement (AP) exam or International Baccalaureate (IB) exam and need this credit to meet admissions requirements, submit the official score report(s) by the given deadline.
Submission Deadlines (transcripts, test scores)
Spring Term Admission: October 15
Fall Term Admission: February 15
How to Submit Official Transcripts
Electronic delivery is the preferred delivery method. Verify with your school if an
electronic transcript is available. Electronic transcripts can be provided through
external or third party vendors (Credential Solutions, eTranscriptCA, National Student
Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.). When ordering your transcript, please choose California State University San Marcos as the intended recipient from the school name dropdown. If California State University
San Marcos is not listed, please use email@example.com as the recipient email address.
If you select to mail your transcript, please ensure the transcript is in an envelope sealed by your school and addressed to:
Office of Admissions
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Major Preparation, Articulation and Transferable Courses
While not required to meet minimum admission requirements, transfer students can complete additional courses which prepare for the major of choice. Below are resources for locating the requirements and how to meet them with transfer courses.
- Identify major requirements and transferability: visit ASSIST.org to identify the courses at California Community Colleges that can be taken to meet lower division major requirements at CSUSM.
- Explore Associate Degrees for Transfer: visit this website to learn about Associate Degree programs that are similar to majors at CSUSM for a faster path to graduation
Remember that these pages do not take the place of an Admissions Counselor or an Academic Advisor!