Do you have an idea for a great event? Use the following as a guideline to help keep
your event on track and as a checklist to remind you of all the details that will
need to be planned. Have fun!
Event Planning Timeline
EIGHT WEEKS prior to your event...
- Talk to your peers and see if they love your idea as much as you do! Bring it up at
a meeting, SAC, or in an informal conversation.
- Talk to your advisor for tentative approval.
- Discuss Timeline
- Determine Budget
- Plan Date and Time (25 Live, conflicting events, etc.)
- Discuss Intentionality/Relate Event to the ASI Mission
- Review Event Proposal if Applicable
- See ASI's Event Planning Guidelines for inspiration.
SIX WEEKS prior to your event...
Fill out the online Graphics Request Form
- The Marketing Team will follow up to confirm and let you know when to expect a marketing
During the last FOUR WEEKS prior to your event...
(adjust as necessary for large-scale events)
Upon receipt of marketing package...
- Join, share, like and engage with social media events and posts.
- Post A-frame signs and distribute flyers.
- Talk to your peers. Get the word out!
On the DAY BEFORE your event...
Last Minute Details (do not wait until the day of the event)
- Verify all logistical arrangements.
- Gather and organize all of your materials for the event.
Attend Your Event
- Be Present and Engaged
- Have Fun!
Within SEVEN DAYS of your event...