Why Do This
The Common Module Settings are the same for all activities and resources. These settings
allow you to hide an activity/resource and determine whether and how groups are used
with the activity/resource.
In order to use group settings, students must be assigned to groups in your course
in Cougar Courses. Review the guide "Groups – 3.2 - How to Setup Groups and Groupings."
- Visible: Another way to show or hide an assignment from the student view.
- ID number: This setting is not required. Used to identify assignments for grade calculations.
- Group mode
- No groups - No group settings apply. Applies to the entire class.
- Separate groups – Students must be assigned to groups first. If selected, students
interact privately within their group. Instructors can review student activity by
group or all participants.
- Visible groups – Students must be assigned to groups first. If selected, students
can edit only within their group, but can view the work of other groups. Instructors
can review student activity by group or all participants.
- Grouping: Groups must be assigned to a grouping first. A grouping is a collection
of groups. If selected, the group settings apply to a specific grouping of groups.
- Add group/grouping access restriction: If groups are used, the activity (or resource)
can be restricted to only students assigned to specific groups or groupings.