If a quiz is found to have a question with an incorrect answer or you decide later to exclude a question due to confusing wording or another reason, you can correct and re-grade the quiz.
1. Select your quiz by clicking on the quiz link on your course page, or clicking Quizzes in the Activities block, and then selecting the quiz to be edited.
2. In the Administration block, select Edit quiz.
3. Select the Edit icon next to the question to be corrected.
4. Change the answer to the question or go to the next step (step 5) to disclude the question from the quiz. In this example, the original correct answer (dog) had its grade changed from 100% to None, while the new correct answer (snake) had its grade changed from None to 100%.
There are two options for discluding a question from a quiz: 1) give everyone credit for that question or 2) change the question point value to zero. The latter option slightly increases the point value of all the other quiz questions.
5. To give everyone credit for a discluded question:
a. Follow Steps 1-3 above to access the question.
b. Change every answer choice to 100%.
c. Edit the question and change the Default points to zero, so any answer, whether correct or incorrect will have no effect on the quiz score.
6. Select Save changes when finished correcting answers.
1. In the Administration block, select Results.
2. Select Regrade all in the center of the screen.
3. Verify the scores have changed for the updated questions and the quiz grade. The corrected scores are now reflected in the Gradebook.