This guide is for non-CSUSM organizations. Academic Technology Services, Spring, 2016
The studio production facilities include:
- Video studio A - full three-camera high definition production studio with control room (Kel 2316,
- Video studio B - full three-camera high definition production studio with control room (Kel 2311,
Each studio has a sink and full length mirror. Restrooms are nearby, and the building
has a loading dock for bringing gear in and out. The CSUSM Studio facilities are supported
by Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS).
The studios are available during normal working hours from 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday.
Use outside of normal working hours may require overtime for studio staff.
Doing Production in the CSUSM Studios
If you wish to book CSUSM studio facilities, equipment, and/or support labor, must
first contact the Studio Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, 760-750-8670) to provide
- Requested date.
- Nature of organization desiring to use facilities.
- Number of client personnel involved in production.
- Nature of production.
- Facilities/equipment requested.
Studio staff will consult the Production calendar to determine if production can be
supported without affecting instruction. If so, we can tentatively reserve space/personnel
for your production. After consultation IITS will inform the University Events and
Scheduling Office (UESO) so that we may work together to determine costs and other
requirements. Upon client acceptance of fees and requirements, production is scheduled
on the studio Production calendar. Please note that use of the studios is subject
to the campus “Scheduling University Facilities for Non Instructional Events” policy.
Important items to be completed prior to facility use include:
- Purchase of parking permits (UESO)
- Completion of Risk Assessment form (IITS)
- Script/storyboard review (Communications)
- Insurance requirements check (UESO)
- Technical preparations (IITS)
- Collection of non-refundable deposit (UESO)
On the production date(s)
- Client arrives at Kellogg Library loading dock with parking permits.
- IITS staff meets them and escorts them to studio area.
- Production activities occur.
- Client is provided with resulting video files (on client-provided media).
- Client is escorted to the loading dock area for load out.
- A designated Studio Technician must be present during any and all use of the facility.
This Technician will have authority to ensure that activities comply with the project’s
approved use. The Studio Technician must approve all equipment and properties brought
into the Studio.
- Liquids, open flames, flammable materials, or materials that create health or other
hazards are not allowed in the studio facility.
- No smoking, food, or drink is allowed in the studios themselves. A cart can be provided
in the hallway outside the studios for catering.
- The studios are potentially dangerous areas where personnel must strictly comply with
safety practices to avoid injury.
- Only IITS personnel may make software and/or configuration changes to the computers
in the facility.
- Repair of damage to the facilities, tools or equipment during use (including setup,
rehearsal, production, or post-production) will be billed to the project.
- Costs incurred to remove any material after the approved de-installation date will
be charged to the project.
- The university is not liable for any loss, damage, or expense incurred by any user
due to the use of CSUSM Studio services, equipment, software, or information.
- IITS will make every effort to protect intellectual property rights. It will be the
responsibility of those requesting services to secure appropriate rights to programs
- The University reserves the right to restrict or refuse service from or access to
IITS studio facilities to any group or individual. Use of campus technology, including
the studios, is subject to CSU and campus acceptable use policies. Use of university
facilities for commercial purposes is restricted.