Lecturer Advisory Committee
The Lecturer Advisory Committee (convened Fall 2012) is a group of elected representatives of the Lecturer faculty members of CHABSS who bring to the Dean collective ideas, concerns, and issues related to lecturers.
- Provide lecturer perspective(s) to Dean and the College
- Give specific recommendations for actions that will improve the quality of worklife for lecturers (including suggestions for how to implement recommendations)
- Be a sounding board for ideas from across the College and the campus, including from the administration, that may impact lecturers
- Promote and establish the generation of resources and opportunities on behalf of lecturer professional development
- Review and evaluate intra-College grant applications for lecturer professional development and recommend the names of awardees to the Dean
- Consider issues that affect the well-being and success of lecturer faculty and, as needed, put forward ideas and draft policies/procedures that enhance the effectiveness of lecturer faculty in the College
- Work with ad hoc issues
It is expected that LAC will meet at least once each semester, with additional meetings on an as-needed basis.
The voting members of the committee shall be five CHABSS lecturer faculty members with one-year or greater appointments, elected by the lecturer faculty of the college. Only one lecturer from a single department may serve on the committee unless there are the same or fewer nominees on the ballot than number of open seats. Lecturers with one year or greater contracts from all other departments in CHABSS are eligible. Ex-officio, non-voting members shall include the dean or his/her representative.