Academic advising is available to all admitted (matriculated) undergraduate students
at CSUSM. Due to the high demand of our matriculated students, we are unable to accommodate
and meet with undergraduate extended learning students and prospective students.
Appointment and Drop-In Information
In order to be able to serve as many students as we can, there will be a combination
of appointments and drop-ins . *Drop-in hours and available appointments may change
during registration periods.
- Be sure to run your ARR and Degree Planner before attending your appointment.
- Limited appointments are available during the add/drop period, enrollment periods
and during the summer. This is because we are offering drop-in advising or attending
new student orientations.
- Due to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment without a FERPA Release Form. If you wish to complete a FERPA Release Form, please do so well in advance of your appointment.
Appointments should only be scheduled online.
Make an Appointment
Students turning in final grades/transcripts for busienss status, feel free to email
an unofficial transcript via email at email@example.com
Appointments are necessary for help with educational planning, evaluation of academic
progress, and graduation evaluations.
- Your student ID is required to check-in to your appointment.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Appointments are usually posted on Thursdays for the following week. You can schedule
an appointment up to 1 hour in advance if there is an appoinment slot available.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled more than once per week.
- CoBA Advisors are rotated at random; you can meet with whomever is available for your
- Students are allowed to sign in 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
If students arrive more than 10 minutes after their scheduled appointment time, they
are considered a ‘no show’.
No Show and Cancellation Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, CoBA Advising enforces a “no-show”
policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather, it serves as a reminder
to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Cancellations must be made within 1 hour of the scheduled appointment time. If you
cannot cancel the appointment online, please call the CoBA Advising office at 760-750-4230 to cancel.
- Students who fail to cancel their scheduled appointment will be marked as a no show
but will be allowed to schedule a 2nd appointment.
- If students have 2 "no show " appointments, they will automatically be blocked from
the system and will not be able to schedule another appointment for a 30 day period.
We advise students to plan ahead and see an advisor during non-peak periods to avoid
The button below will take you to the Advising Scheduler. "How to Schedule an Appointment" guide.
Remember to review your Academic Requirement Report (PowerPoint) in myCSUSM to track degree requirements needed for graduation. If you find discrepancies, please
submit an inquiry via the ARR Correction Form.
Who are the CoBA Advisors?
Who is my designated advisor?
There are no designated advisors, students are now able to to meet with any of the
CoBA Academic Advisors.
CoBA advisors are now advising all business options such as:
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Global Business Management
- Management Information Systems