Please read and complete the following prior to attending an orientation:
- If you have completed the lower-division Pre-Business Core, you should submit your Business Status Application with copies of transcripts to CoBA Advising Office (Markstein Hall 126) when you
are finished with the Pre-Business Core. Please allow up to one week for applications
to be processed.
- Refer to the ASSIST website for transfer course equivalencies.
- Important: In order for students to be made Business Status and able to register for upper-division
business courses in their major option at Orientation, they must submit a completed
Business Status Application, along with an unofficial transcript as proof of their
final grades, to the CoBA Advising Office at least one day prior to attending an Orientation session. Applications turned in the day of Orientation
will not be processed until the following business day.
- Print the Option Checklist (shows course requirements for your chosen option) and upper division Suggested Course Sequence Sheet (shows recommended order in which the major requirements should be completed) for
your chosen option and bring them with you.
- If your Pre-Business Core is successfully completed, it is recommended that you follow
the upper-division suggested course sequence sheets in building your schedule.
- If you will be finishing the Pre-Business Core at CSUSM and need additional coursework,
you should enroll into any missing lower-division general education, language, or
the upper-division general education requirements (BB, CC, DD).
- Utilize the Student Workload Worksheet to determine the maximum units you should take.
- Use Degree Planner to help you plan out your schedule.
- Visit the Orientation & New Student Programs website for Orientation information.
- Get to know the University Catalog early in your first semester here.
- At the end of each semester review both your Academic Requirement Report (ARR) in MyCSUSM and Degree Planner.
- Check out the Announcements page for important updates.