Business Professional Development
How will BPD help you succeed?
- The BPD program, also know as BUS 300, will help students develop career goals
- Course assignments allow students to practice their networking and interpersonal skills
- Required attendance at professional events such as the BPD Etiquette Dinner prepares
students confidence for future meetings or interviews over meals
- Working with Executives in Residence connects students with professionals in industry
- Students learn from EIRs experience in the workforce and gather tools to succeed after
Read student testimonials about how BPD helped them reach their career goals.
What is an Executive in Residence?
- Executives in Residence are volunteer professionals from the business community
- Each BUS 300 class section is taught by an Executive in Residence (EIR) who contributes
real world experience to the instruction of the career development course.
- An EIR Coach is also assigned to each section to meet with each student and provide
one-on-one professional coaching
- View the Executive in Residence Directory to learn about their experience and expertise
What kind of assignments will you work on in BPD?
- Resume writing
- Mock interviews
- Informational interviews with industry professionals
- Networrking events
Review all BUS 300 Course Components
Read the FAQ page for information about this degree requirement