CoBA Elevate Program
Stand out in the internship & employment search process
Have you ever wondered how to really standout in the internship and employment search process? Much of what you learn in BUS 300: Business Professional Development provides you with the foundation for what employers are looking for and how to improve your chances of securing the career path you are seeking by using the techniques we teach in that course. Networking, career tools, communication, and so forth, are all ways to help you achieve your career goals.
With BUS 300 as your foundation for success, how are you demonstrating it? What are you already doing that you could highlight in a portfolio made for students? What more could you be doing to improve your chances of landing an internship or job that you want?
Elevate provides you with a place to display what you are already doing. It is a place for you to demonstrate to employers what you do beyond the classroom to prepare for post-graduate employment. It is a roadmap to help you differentiate yourself in the marketplace.
How it Works
- Download the Suitable app. Log in with your CSUSM email and password using single sign-on.
- Complete the Getting Started Badge.
- Start on any of the Milestones, like Choose Your Own Adventure, in the Elevate Badge.
- Choose what you want to Showcase to Employers in your Portfolio.
You will be using a mobile-friendly activity tracking system provided by Suitable. The College’s Elevate program is hosted on CoBA’s Career Hub within Suitable. We will provide training for you on how to use the system via video. Student Success staff from CoBA will monitor your progress, provide suggestions, and in some cases approve certain tasks that require additional support.
Benefits and Incentives
No one will care more about your success than you. So, start Elevate for yourself.
- It will provide you with a measurement of self-improvement over time. You will showcase and acquire career competencies that employers have identified as important.
- Why not let us help you? A CoBA coach from the Student Professional Success team will encourage you along the way.
- Monthly incentives will be given out to participants crushing it!
Contact Jill Laing at email@example.com for more information about the Elevate program.