Undergraduate Mentor Program
CoBA undergraduate students may apply for the Career Mentor Program if they meet the following criteria:
- Current CoBA student (business status and BUS 300 successfully completed) enrolled part-time or full-time
- Demonstrates a strong desire to be in a mentoring program
- Demonstrates a clear idea of career interests and how the program will help
- Able to conduct self in a professional manner while representing both CSUSM and the College of Business Administration
- Demonstrates good time-management and communication skills
Mentor and mentee pairs are encouraged to meet once a month and will decide what kind of activities they will do together. These activities could include, but are not limited to career discussions, networking events, professional meetings, and job shadowing. Ultimately, the relationship is intended to help the mentee learn keys to success in their chosen field. We provide mentors and mentees with preliminary information and tips on how to make the most of their time together. Once the introductions are made, the progression of the mentorship is determined by the mentor and mentee.
Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated commitment to academic success, extracurricular involvement, and career readiness. Although GPA will be considered, CoBA will look at the overall application and not just GPA.
2024 Program Timeline
- We are currently redesigning our Career Mentor Program - stay tuned for updates!
If you have any questions or issues please email Michelle Tillman: email@example.com