How are honors determined?
- Academic honors recognition is based on undergraduate coursework completed the fall
term before Commencement.
- Grades recorded through the fall semester will be calculated for the overall GPA and the institutional GPA.
- The lower of these two GPA's will be used to determine academic honor recognition in the commencement
printed program and name cards.
at least 3.5, but less than 3.7
Magna cum laude
at least 3.7, but less than 3.9
Summa cum laude
at least 3.9
How do I know if I will graduate with honors?
- Graduating undergrad students who qualify for academic honors recognition will be
contacted regarding when and where to pick up their honor cord.
Who should I contact about honors?
- First, review your ARR to determine if you are eligible based on the criteria above.
If you have further questions please contact the Office of the Registrar.
- The Commencement Office does not determine honors. We will not be able to answer your
honors/GPA/ARR questions as we cannot access student records.
Please note, honors designation is not official until all final grades, including
spring term, are submitted to and conferred by the Registrar.