Want to work in Washington D.C. for the Fall 2018?
The Panetta Institute for Public Policy offers CSU students the opportunity to work
as Congressional Interns on Capitol Hill!
Upcoming Info Session
February 8th and 13th
SLL Conference Room (USU 3600)
For more information contact:
Dr. Chavez Metoyer
Faculty Director of the Office of Internships
- All expenses paid semester in Washington D.C.
- Represent CSUSM and earn 20 units of credit!
- Gain professional knowledge and firsthand experience.
- Open to all majors
Go to www.panettainstitute.org for information about the program and how to apply.
Deadline: February 19, 2018 by 1:00pm
The Congressional Internship Program requires that applicants:
- Be matriculated (or matriculating) during the internship
- Have accumulated at least 60 semester units but no more than 120 credit semester units
(or 180 credit quarter units)
- Are enrolled as a full-time student at a CSU campus
- Have never been sanctioned under California Code of Regulations, Title 5, Article
5, Article 2 (Student Discipline), Section 41301
- Be available to commit to August-November 2018 schedule
- Fully commit to the program (e.g., no pursuit of employment od preparation of graduate
exams such as LSAT, MCAT, or GRE)
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Ability to provideproof of health insurance, compliant with the Affordable Care Act
- Be a U.S. Citizen and California resident
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for term and cumulative GPA
- Subject to background check
Submit the following to the Office of Internships (Craven Hall 6100) by 1 pm on February
- Written essay stating your interest in the Congressional Internship (2-3 pages)
- Current professional resume
- Current CSUSM college transcript
- Two CSUSM faculty/staff letters of recommendation
- Copy of a graded paper (at least 3 pages long)
For more informatuon, contact last year's intern, Brenda Barniga at: firstname.lastname@example.org