CalFresh is a USDA-funded program, designed to allow you to live a healthy lifestyle.
CalFresh is free money for groceries that you do NOT have to pay back!
Associated Students Inc (ASI) is available to help students with their CalFresh questions.
For more information about CalFresh, Cougar Pantry, and related Student Services,
visit the Associated Students Inc. (ASI) CalFresh Home Page where you can learn about:
- Make an Appointment
- Learn about Available Resources
CSUSM Dining Services does not accept CalFresh EBT payments at its current locations. The EBT card is accepted at
local grocery stores, but not on campus.
For more information on San Marcos stores and restaurants who accept EBT, please visit:
CalFresh Meal Plan
CSUSM Dining Services offers a CalFresh Meal Plan for all North Commons Residents
who are eligible for CalFresh benefits. This meal plan is designed to not impact CalFresh
eligibility for CSUSM Students.
The cost of the 10 meals per week plan that also comes with $200 in dining dollars
is $2,000 per semester.
Signing Up for The Meal Plan
- North Commons Residents must complete the Meal Program Exemption/Change Request by August 1st for the fall semester and January 1st for residents beginning their residency in the spring semester. Residents admitted
after August 1st will be granted an extension to submit their exemption no later than August 20th. All supporting documentation must be included with their request. In order to consider
the request, residents must submit all required documentation by the deadline. Incomplete
requests will not be considered.
- CSUSM Corporation will review all requests within 5-7 business days; residents will
be notified of any missing documentation.
- If approved for the CalFresh plan, CSUSM Corporation will notify the resident. If
the CalFresh application is still pending, the student must email email@example.com with the CalFresh approval once their application has been approved, in order to
remain on the CalFresh meal plan.
- If the request for the 10 meals per week plan is denied, CSUSM Corporation will notify
the resident and the resident must choose a meal plan within five business days of
If the resident chooses to appeal the decision, they will have five business days
from the time CSUSM Corporation notified them of the denial, to file an appeal.
- Documentation must be attached to the Meal Program Exemption/Change Request. Confirmation that the CalFresh Application was submitted OR Approval letter from the
County OR a copy of the SAR-7 form. If the CalFresh application is still pending,
the student must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the CalFresh approval letter once their application has been approved, in order
to remain on the CalFresh meal plan.