CS Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are specific skills that students will possess at the end of the degree program. Student Learning Outcomes provide curricular guidelines with respect to the program. The SLOs of the undergraduate program in Computer Science at California State University, San Marcos are aligned with the student outcomes (1) through (5) as recommended by ABET for accrediting Computing Programs, and outcome (6) for meeting the specific Program Criteria for Computer Science.
Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science are expected to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.