The Computer Science Department has the following laboratories:
- SCI2 302 PC lab/Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
- ACD 206 Network and Cybersecurity lab/Smart classroom
- SCI2 206A Graduate lab (open from 8am to 4pm to CSIS majors)
- SCI2 202A Mobile Security Research lab
- SCI2 208 Embedded Systems Research lab
- SCI2 337 Virtual Reality Research lab
The department's course and research servers are virtual or multiprocessor systems.
Many of the CS classes use Empress (empress.csusm.edu) with the unix operation system RHEL5.5_i386:
- DEL PowerEdge 1955.
- Students use putty to log onto Empress to program in C++, Prolog, and Lisp.
- Students can use Secure File Transfer to download files from Empress.
- All campus resources are available through cougarApps if you are off campus.
- pine (for email) is now available on Empress. But you need to set it up.
For Empress system faliures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IITS manages the classroom labs. If you need anything changed in these rooms, please
contact the IITS Help Desk.