CSIS Lab Information
The department has the following instructional laboratories:
- SCI2 302 PC lab/Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
- ACD 206 Network and Cybersecurity lab/Smart classroom
- VEP 5105 PC lab/Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
- VEP 5107 Smart Class (can use for group work and capstone projects if a class is not meeting there)
- VEP 5101 Large Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
The department has the following research laboratories:
- SCI2 208 Embedded Systems Research lab
- SCI2 202A Mobile and IoT Security Research Lab
- SCI2 337 Virtual Reality Research lab
- ACD 202 Graduate Students Research lab
The department's course and research servers are virtual or multiprocessor systems.
Many of the CS classes use Empress (empress.csusm.edu) with the Linix operation system DEL PowerEdge 1955.
- Students use putty to log onto Empress to program in C++, Prolog, and Lisp.
- Students can use Secure File Transfer to download files from Empress.
- All campus resources are available through cougarApps if you are off campus.
- pine (for email) is now available on Empress. But you need to set it up.
For Empress system faliures, please contact email@example.com
IITS manages the classroom labs. If you need anything changed in these rooms, please contact the IITS Help Desk.