The College of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics will build and sustain
a supportive and inspiring undergraduate and Master’s level educational environment
where excellent instruction, interdisciplinary and collaborative research, innovation
and creative endeavors provide students with the foundational knowledge and skills
needed to meet technological challenges in a rapidly evolving world.
Commitment to Excellence
- Supportive Campus Environment
- We strive to create a positive environment where people work together to contribute
to the success of the College.
- We foster a collegial environment, based on openness and ethical behavior, which supports
freedom to innovate and explore new ideas.
- We support our students in all that we do. We strive to facilitate meaningful student-faculty
interaction and to provide effective mentoring and academic advisement.
Enriching Educational Experiences
- We are committed to positive change and constant improvement of our programs.
- We are committed to the professional success of our students as critical thinkers,
problem-solvers, and effective communicators.
- We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student
Excellence in Research and Creative Activities
- We provide innovative and contemporary curricula, quality instruction, and a challenging
environment with high standards.
- Our foundational instruction, based on active and collaborative learning, focuses
on the tools and practical experiences required for solving contemporary issues in
science and technology.
- We strive to build and increase enthusiasm and appreciation for science and mathematics,
and cultivate life-long learning.
- We strive to provide the best possible environment for excellence in undergraduate
and graduate level research.
- We encourage, expect and support excellence in research and creative activities.
- We expect research and creative activities to meaningfully involve students.
- We encourage collaboration and interdisciplinary activities within the campus community
and with the larger scholarly community.
Community Outreach and Public Engagement
- We pledge to seek and provide opportunities, leadership and support for current faculty
and future faculty to help them grow as educators, scholars and professionals, and
to promote excellence, quality and competence in both teaching and scholarship.
- We pledge to uphold general standards and criteria by which we honestly and fairly
evaluate our peers.
- We pledge to work cooperatively with educational institutions, industry and other
regional organizations to promote public education.
- We will offer relevant and evolving programs to adequately address regional and statewide
needs of the community and the workforce, while also fostering a global perspective.