Campus Way Cafe
1st floor of The QUAD
Meal Swipes accepted at this ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-EAT dining experience which offers meals from 9 different stations: SIZZLE - grill & griddle, MIX - a salad experience, SPROUTS - vegan & vegetarian, STACKED - deli case, SLICES - pizza & such, SAVORY - custom kitchen, TWISTS - pasta kitchen, SPOONFULL - homemade soups, and BLISS - the sweet spot!
Monday - Friday
- CLOSED for summer
- Open during Summer Conferences - days/hours tbd
Saturday - Sunday
- CLOSED for summer
- Only one meal plan is allowed per semester
- Meal plans may be added at anytime during the semester
- NO summer meal plans
As always, Dining Dollars, Cougar Cash, Decling Balance Cards, Cash, Credit, Debit cards will be taken at all locations (except Campus Coffee).
For any questions, you are welcome to contact us via email at email@example.com or call Brenda Hovis at 760-750-4706 or Janelle Temnick at 760-750-4482.
- Can we take food out of the Campus Way Café?
If you are on the run and unable to enjoy a meal in the café, you can purchase food from the Campus Way Market area in the front using their dining dollars or cougar cash.
All-you-care-to-eat meals from Campus Way Cafe may not be taken to-go, unless specifically authorized for a student who is unable to go to the Campus Way Café (examples include: illness, injury, isolation, etc). The Resident Advisor or Resident Director may contact a CSUSM Dining Services manager to make special arrangements for a meal or meals to be picked up on the student’s behalf.
- Can I check what will be on the menu in advance?
- What is a meal swipe?
A meal swipe is a scan of the student QR code to gain entry into the Campus Way Café. CSUSM has two kinds of meal swipes, MPW and Block Meals.
Meals Per Week (MPW) offer a specified number of meals each week during the meal plan period and reset weekly on Sunday morning at 12:00 am. Unused meals expire weekly when the plan resets. Because unused MPW expire weekly, it is strongly encouraged that students select a MPW that suits their specific dietary needs.
Block Meals offer a fixed number of meals (Block), which carry over from week-to-week throughout the semester for which the Block was purchased. Block meals will roll over from the Fall semester to the Spring semester but will expire at the end of the Spring Semester.
- What are the locations I can use my meal swipes and dining dollars at?
- Campus Coffee - none
- Campus Way Café - Dining Dollars, Meal Swipes (all-you-care-to-eat)
- Campus Way Market - Dining Dollars
- Crash’s Café – Dining Dollars
- Get Fresh – Dining Dollars, Meal Swipe (lunch only, one meal option)
- Hilltop Bistro Grille – Dining Dollars, Meal Swipe (lunch only, one meal option)
- Panda Express – Dining Dollars
- QDOBA – Dining Dollars
- Starbucks – Dining Dollars
- USU Market – Dining Dollars
- What does a meal swipe get me?
A swipe at the Campus Way Café will get students an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience.
A swipe at USU will get students one of these two options: Lunch at GetFresh (chicken caesar salad and a fountain drink) or Lunch at Hilltop Bistro (cheeseburger, burger or Impossible burger, french fries and a fountain drink).
- Will the Campus Way Café be open over breaks?Campus Way Cafe will be closed over winter break, however, some type of dining option will be available for students during part of Winter break, Thanksgiving break, and Spring break. Continue to check the Sodexo My Way website for hours of operation.
- What are the rules of the Campus Way Café?All patrons of the dining café must follow all CSUSM, CSUSM Corporation, and Sodexo policies, rules and regulations. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. No personal to-go containers are allowed in the café. Failure to comply with all policies, procedures and rules, may result in a suspension or revocation of the meal plan and or access to the Campus Way Café.
- What items are prohibited in the Campus Way Café?Skateboards, bikes, scooters, to-go containers (i.e. tupperware) and outside food will not be allowed in the Campus Way Café.
- What are the hours of the USU dining eateries?All campus eateries: Dining Hours
- Can others join me at the Campus Way Café if they don’t have a meal plan?Yes, friends can certainly join students with meal plans at the Campus Way Café. They can pay the door price upon entering, or the student with a meal plans can use their dining dollars or cougar cash to treat them to a meal. Door prices vary by meal time and are more expensive than the price-per-meal of the meal plan.
- Can I use my meal plan for guests in the Campus Way Café?MPW and Block meals are only allowed for the student on the meal plan. Students can use their dining dollars or cougar cash to purchase meals for other students/guests.
- What are the menu choices for the meal swipes for breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinnerDining Menus can be found online and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Who do I contact with questions/concerns?Brenda Hovis at 760-750-4706 or Janelle Temnick at 760-750-4482 or email firstname.lastname@example.org