For the reasons of safety, accessibility, sustainability, ADA compliance, and aesthetics,
the campus A-Frame procedures have been revised. A task force including representatives
from Facilities, Disability Support Services, Student Life & Leadership, Dean of Students,
Office of the University Student Union, Event & Conference Services, Office of Communication,
and Safety, Health, and Sustainability created the updated procedures. Below you
will find the complete list of procedures.
Here are the highlights:
There is a limited number of designated spaces for A-Frames at the various campus locations: Forum Plaza, USU 1st Floor, Markstein, Kellogg Library, University Hall, Veteran’s Center/Markstein, ACD/Founders,
- A-Frames must be placed in the designated spaces (indicated by a blue & white numbered circle on the pavement) for no more than 30
- Each department/area is limited to no more than two A-Frames in each of the campus
locations listed above at the same time.
- All A-Frames must be identified with a luggage tag indicating the campus sponsoring
organization, contact, and length of the posting. To request luggage tags, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org with your department name, location, and number of tags.
The spaces and limited number of A-Frames were selected for reasons of accessibility
(egress, ADA, and vehicle traffic). Thank you for your support of this new A-Frame
procedure and helping to improve the accessibility of the campus plazas and buildings.
- Recognized student organizations and campus departments are permitted to place temporary
A-Frame signage in designated locations on campus for the purpose of marketing campus
events and programs. Use of A-Frames is limited to University events/programs. (Directional
signage for events on campus and emergency or safety notifications are exempt from
- For reasons of safety, aesthetics, accessibility, and sustainability, A-Frames are
limited to designated locations on campus.
- The designated campus locations are marked by a blue & white numbered circle on the
ground. A map of the locations is available through Safety, Health, and Sustainability, Dean of
Students Office, and Event & Conference Services.
- Spaces are claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis for a period of no more than
- General Guidelines:
- A-Frames are only permitted in designated spaces and in a first-come, first-serve
basis. No request for approval is needed.
- Posted information must include the recognized organizational name, University department,
- The posting must be constructed of a material strong enough to withstand strong winds
and weather conditions.
- Size is limited to 2 1/2 feet x 4 feet (30 inches x 48 inches).
- A-Frame may be placed for up to one month at a time per A-Frame. Those promoting a
specific event must indicate a removal/expiration date of no more than 48 hours after
the conclusion of the event.
- Announcements regarding specific events must include date, time, and location, as
well as contact details for people wishing further information and an accommodation
- A-Frames must be tagged (luggage-style tag on handle) with the department or organization
that owns the A-Frame. The tag is also required to indicate the expiration date of
the current posting.
- Departments/organizations are responsible for removing their A-Frames by the expiration
date. Those A-Frames found after the expiration date or in non-designated locations
will be removed and may be charged a nominal removal/storage fee. Departments/organizations
that repeatedly violate the location and/or timely removal requirements may not be
permitted to continue to reserve A-Frame space. All A-Frames will be removed to the
Recycling Center to be picked up by user M-F, 7am-3:30pm.
- Non-CSUSM departments and organizations are not permitted to use A-Frame location
or post A-Frames on campus property.
Other Marketing Options