For the reasons of safety, accessibility, sustainability, ADA compliance, and aesthetics,
the campus A-Frame procedures have been revised for 2019-2020. A task force including
representatives from Facilities, Disability Support Services, Student Life & Leadership,
Dean of Students, Office of the University Student Union, Event & Conference Services,
Office of Communication, and Safety, Health, and Sustainability created the updated
procedures. Below you will find the complete list of procedures. The new procedures
will be in place starting August 26 (the paws are being installed on Friday, August
Here are the highlights:
There is a limited number of designated spaces for A-Frames at the various campus locations: Forum Plaza, USU 1st Floor, Markstein, Kellogg Library, University Hall, Veteran’s Center/Markstein, ACD/Founders,
- A-Frames must be placed in the designated spaces (indicated by a blue & white numbered circle on the pavement) for no more than 30
- Each department/area is limited to no more than two A-Frames in each of the campus
locations listed above at the same time.
- All A-Frames must be identified with a luggage tag indicating the campus sponsoring
organization, contact, and length of the posting. To request luggage tags, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org with your department name, location, and number of tags.
The spaces and limited number of A-Frames were selected for reasons of accessibility
(egress, ADA, and vehicle traffic). Thank you for your support of this new A-Frame
procedure and helping to improve the accessibility of the campus plazas and buildings.
- Recognized student organizations and campus departments are permitted to place temporary
A-Frame signage in designated locations on campus for the purpose of marketing campus
events and programs. Use of A-Frames is limited to University events/programs. (Directional
signage for events on campus and emergency or safety notifications are exempt from
- For reasons of safety, aesthetics, accessibility, and sustainability, A-Frames are
limited to designated loctions on campus.
- The designated campus locations are marked by a blue & white numbered circle on the
ground. A map of the locations is available through Safety, Health, and Sustainability, Dean of
Students Office, and Event & Conference Services.
- Spaces are claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis for a period of no more than
- General Guidelines:
- A-Frames are only permitted in designated spaces and in a first-come, first-serve
- Posted information must include the recognized organizational name, University department,
- The posting must be constructed of a material strong enough to withstand strong winds
and weather conditions.
- Size is limited to 2 1/2 feet x 4 feet (30 inches x 48 inches).
- A-Frame may be placed for up to one month at a time per A-Frame. Those promoting a
specific event must indicate a removal/expiration date of no more than 48 hours after
the conclusion of the event.
- Announcements regarding specific events must include date, time, and location, as
well as contact details for people wishing further information and an accommodation
- A-Frames must be tagged (luggage-style tag on handle) with the department or organization
that owns the A-Frame. The tag is also required to indicate the expiration date of
the current posting.
- Departments/organizations are responsible for removing their A-Frames by the expiration
date. Those A-Frames found after the expiration date or in non-designated locatinos
will be removed and may be charged a nominal removal/storage fee. Departments/organizations
that repeatedly violate the location and/or timely removal requirements may not be
permitted to continue to reserve A-Frame space. All A-Frames will be removed to the
Recycling Center to be picked up by user M-F, 7am-3:30pm.
- Non-CSUSM departments and organizations are not permitted to use A-Frame location
or post A-Frames on campus property.
Other Marketing Options