Orientation for First Year students is designed to help incoming students feel welcomed
and a part of the CSUSM community.
Students can expect to:
- Meet fellow incoming students, current students, faculty, and staff
- Learn about CSUSM services, policies, and procedures
- Learn how to get involved on campus
- Explore the campus
First Year Orientation sessions are full-day program running running from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Options are available for students to attend alone (Student Only) or with guests (First
Year with English Speaking Family or First Year with Spanish Speaking Family). All
Orientations are major specific, date options are available within MyCSUSM once the
orientation reservation system is live.
- Open: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Close: Friday, May 31, 2019
Please Note: If you fail to attend an Orientation session your courses will be dropped in mid-August.
You will have an opportunity to register again August 26th. If you need to reschedule,
be sure to call Orientation at (760)750-4930 prior to missing your Orientation Session.
First Year with Family Orientations
- Family Orientations run concurrently to student sessions from 8:00am-5:00pm and are
offered on select First Year Orientation dates. Reservations for up to 2 guests per
student are permitted.
- We hold three Saturday Spanish Orientations that run concurrently to student sessions
from 8:00am-5:00pm. Reservations for up to 2 guests per student are permitted through
MyCSUSM under the Spanish Family Orientation Sessions.
First Year Student Edition: Path to CSUSM Checklist
For a complete list of items to complete before Fall semester, please check out the
Freshman Path to CSUSM!
How to make an Orientation Reservation
- Submit Intent to Enroll (Once submitted, 24 Hour Processing Period)
- Clear any Housing Holds (if applicable)
- Login to MyCSUSM and select "Orientation Reservation"