Now is the time to invest in yourself and your future!
Cal State San Marcos Extended Learning is an approved education provider for federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding. Many programs are fully funded for those individuals who are currently in transition, registered at a local San Diego County America’s Career Center or SW Riverside County Workforce Development Center and meet eligibility requirements. Visit the Cal Jobs webpage for the latest list of approved programs, and follow the link for Job Seekers, or see the current list on this page.
What is the Workforce Investment Act (WIOA)?
The Workforce Investment Act (WIOA) is a federally funded training and job program that creates a new approach, providing workforce investment activities through statewide and local systems. Authorized workforce investment activities provided at the local level benefit job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, foster care participants, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, persons with disabilities, and employers. These activities promote an increase in employment, job retention, earnings, and occupational skill attainment by participants. This outcome improves the quality of the workforce, reduces welfare dependency, and enhances the productivity and competitiveness of the nation.
Who Qualifies for WIOA Funding?
Many people can qualify for WIOA grants. Workforce funding is generally budgeted into Adult, Dislocated Worker, Older Youth and Younger Youth categories. The majority of funding is budgeted toward adult and dislocated workers whose current job skills are out of date or will be soon. Clients seek training to update current skills or learn skills for a new career if his or her current occupation is not in demand.
Which Programs Are Eligible for WIOA Funding?
The programs currently approved for WIOA funding are listed below. New programs are added regularly, so check back for updates.
- A+ Certification Training (online)
- A+ Network+ Security+ Certification Training (online)
- Community Interpreting Professional Certificate
- CompTIA Network+ and Security+ Certification (online)
- Healthcare Interpreting Professional Certificate
- Human Resources Management Certificate Program
- Medical Assistant Training Program
- Project Management Exam Preparation
- SHRM CP/SHRM CSP Certification Preparation
- TESL/TEFL Certificate Program
How Do I Apply for WIOA Funding?
Start at your local Career Center and meet with a counselor. For San Diego residents, visit the San Diego Workforce Partnership website for instructions on how to apply and to locate a career center.
County of Riverside Economic Development Agency: www.rivcoeda.org
Questions? Contact EL
- This WIOA Title I - funded program or activity is an equal opportunity employer/program.
- Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To receive more information, please submit the form below.