Water Management Certificate
CSUSM’s Certificate in Water Management and Leadership was designed by local experts and leaders in the water industry. This program is designed to prepare those currently employed as intermediate-level supervisors in the various fields of water supply and treatment for higher-management positions.
This program is not currently accepting applications
Learn about program details, costs, the admission process and much more.
- None at this time.
Gain exposure to current issues, policies and practices in integrated water management, leadership, law, finance, regulatory policies and core concepts in the regional water industry
This program was designed to prepare those currently employed as intermediate level supervisors in the various fields of water supply and treatment for higher management positions
Learn from and network with local and regional experts in the water industry
Topics include: water management industry in California, leadership, environmental issues and regulations, finance and professional relations, water technology, and more
Must have one of the following:
- Possession of a grade II or higher water- or wastewater-related technical certification issued by the state of California plus at least two years in a supervisory capacity at a retail, wholesale or regional water/wastewater utility, or a related public entity, regulatory or planning agency
- An associate degree from an accredited college plus at least two years in a supervisory capacity at a retail or wholesale water/wastewater utility, or a related public entity, regulatory or planning agency
- At least two years in a supervisory or project lead capacity at a professional engineering or consulting firm that serves public utilities
- At least two years in a supervisory or project lead capacity for a public or private entity focused upon water conservation and/or sustainability
Must also have one of the following:
- Currently seated as a board member of any public or private agency or organization involved in water policy issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Program Total Units Unit Rate Total Tuition Costs* Water 12 $399 $4,788
*Semester fees not included. View complete breakdown of Extended Learning fees.
All quoted tuition rates are based on previous academic years and are subject to change without notice.
Funding and Financial Aid
- Visit the Extended Learning funding page or call 760-750-4850 to learn more about your funding options
- Active duty military, veterans and dependents should visit the military services page or call 760-750-8705
- COURSE SEQUENCE
View course descriptions and specific program requirements on the Pre-Health Professions Catalog Page
If you are admitted into the Pre Health Certificate program you are expected to complete all scheduled courses. If you are admitted or have applied and believe you have completed equivalent coursework previously and do not wish to repeat specific courses within the program, you may submit the Course Equivalency Review request form.
WTRM 401 (2)
WTRM 411 (2)
WTRM 421 (3)
WTRM 423 (3)
WTRM 425 (2)
What services do you offer to active military, veterans and dependents?
Please visit our military and veteran services page to learn how we can help you with VA benefits, campus resources, financial aid and more.
Are units transferrable?
Although the units completed will be for credit and appear on a CSUSM transcript, you are advised to check with your major advisor or institution for eligibility of units for transfer into other programs.