- Minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average in all transferable units attempted
- Successful completion of a minimum of 60 transferable units
- Successful completion of the pre-nursing core with a grade of C or better
- Oral Communication (A1)
- Written Communication (A2)
- Critical Thinking (A3)
- MATH 200 - Statistics (B4)
- BIOL 160 - Microbiology for Health Sciences units
- BIOL 175 - Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology I units
- BIOL 176 - Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- CHEM 105 - General, Organic, and Biochemistry for Life units
- CHEM 105L - General, Organic, and Biochemistry for Life Laboratory
- Successfully complete the pre-nursing core with a minimum GPA of 2.75
- RN license
Please note: To be considered for admission you must reside in an approved state.
Please also note: CSUSM will accept online courses (for all requirements) from regionally accredited institutions.
- Completion of additional CSUSM lower-division GE BRN-required courses, upper-division GE courses and other CSUSM graduation requirements. More details can be found in the ABSN Course Sequence section.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS re: PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time.The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).