Do you need a refresher before starting the program? Sign up for CSUSM’s Cyber Boot Camp, a fully online 10-week program designed to prepare you for this program.
Interested in only taking select cyber courses? Complete the Cyber a la Carte form and a faculty member will reach out to you soon.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education background
- Applicants with a baccalaureate degree in a related field may be able to meet prerequisites with equivalent work experience in computer science and will be considered for conditional admission
- Admission requires a minimum of 3.0 GPA in upper-division computer science courses and at least a 2.5 undergraduate GPA in the last 60 semester units (or last 90 quarter units) attempted
- One official transcript from each academic institution attended
- A personal statement describing reasons for pursuing this program
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- No GRE required to apply
Please note: To be considered for admission you must reside in an approved state.
The review committee looks for courses in:
- Overall understanding of operating system design
- Familiarity with the topics of process coordination and scheduling, interface devices, memory and device management
- Overall understanding of communication network design
- Familiarity with the general topics of network architectures and protocols
- Overall understanding of programming paradigms and programming constructs in object-oriented languages such as C++
- Knowledge of the important features and concerns of programming languages in common use today
- Practical understanding of the basic principles and applications of software engineering, including process models and objected oriented analysis
Please view the Work Experience Questions for Applicants to see if your work experience will satisfy some or all of the required prerequisites.