Faculty, Deans (and designees) should be as flexible and accommodating as possible in considering requests for course withdrawals.
- Please encourage students to consult with student support services (Financial Aid
& Scholarships, Veterans Services, International Student Services, etc.). before initiating
a withdrawal request; additional information about Withdrawals may also be found on
the Course Withdrawals page.
- The process begins with the student sending a notification to faculty through email;
for fall 2020, instructor approval is not a requirement but students are asked to
notify instructors (in addition, the Registrar's Office will send email notification
when W grades are assigned)
- Students should submit completed petitions for course withdrawal through the Withdrawal Petition Form which is then routed to the College Deans (or designees) for review.
- Students who are inquiring about the status of their petition should contact email@example.com (monitored by the Office of the Registrar)
- Please note the difference between an official withdrawal and an unofficial or unauthorized
withdrawal, as noted on the Grading page.