Official transcripts contain course work taken at CSUSM (including Open University,
and any credit courses taken through Extended Learning).
Please keep in mind the following when requesting a CSUSM transcript:
- The Office of the Registrar does not send transcripts to the CSUSM Graduate Studies
or to the CSUSM Office of Admissions.
- Only California State University, San Marcos transcripts will be issued. Copies of
other schools' transcripts are NOT included. Transcripts from other schools must be
ordered from the original institution.
- All transcript requests may be submitted in your Student Center in MyCSUSM.
Students who lost access and need a password reset can refer to the Password Support Guide page for assistance. If you need further assistance please contact the Student Technology
Help Desk at (760)750-6505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least four of the following is required to reset your password/email:
- First & Last Name
- Student ID #
- Phone number
- Numeric Portion of Address
- Personal Email
- Date of Birth
- Alternate Name(s)
Due to the unprecedented events surrounding COVID-19, the University has decided to
reduce operations and student services to transition to virtual modalities. Processing
times will vary depending on the delivery method.
We now offer two convenient options for ordering official transcripts
- Official Paper Copies
- Our traditional service is free of charge to all current students and alumni. Orders
are processed within 7-10 business days. These are physical copies mailed via the
United States Postal Service. Due to fluctuations with the mailing system delivery
times may vary. We are unable to provide tracking for these orders and expedited
(RUSH) handling is not available for these orders.
- Electronic Transcript Delivery
- This service is provided through a third party partnership for a fee. Orders are
usually processed the same day. Tracking and updates are provided with each order.
Order Electronic Transcripts Here
Due to high volume of requests received at the beginning and end of each semester,
transcript processing times varies. Time-sensitive orders should be requested early to ensure that the recipient receives your transcript(s) prior to any application
deadlines or opportunities.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
What makes an official transcript OFFICIAL
For a transcript to be considered official, it must:
- Remain sealed in its envelope
- Be printed on security transcript paper
- Carry the signature of the university registrar and university seal
- All transcripts sent from CSUSM are considered official unless an unofficial copy
has been requested
- Electronic transcripts are considered official if downloaded directly from the original
email link provided. Previously downloaded copies are considered unofficial.
What is included on an official transcript
A copy of your transcript includes:
- Degree(s) awarded, major and minor, and certificates of study
- Transfer credit from other institutions accepted by CSUSM. Only the total number of
credit hours accepted is indicated. Transcripts of transfer credits must be requested
directly from the institution that awarded the credit.
- All courses taken and attempted at CSUSM and grade awarded
- Student standing each term
- GPA for each term and institute totals
How to access Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts do not carry any type of official markings and can be downloaded
and printed directly from MyCSUSM.
- Log-in to your Student Center in MyCSUSM
- Under 'Academics' select Transcript: View Unofficial
- Under Report Type, select Unofficial Transcript
- Click 'View Report'
If you have a question about transcripts, you can email our office for more information.
Please include your full name (and any other names used at CSUSM) and your CSUSM Student