This requirement can be met in one of the following ways:
- Intermediate 200-level (3rd semester) language course with a grade of C or higher
- CSUSM Language Proficiency Exam demonstrating intermediate-level language proficiency.
- AP Language other than English Examination with a score of 3 or higher.
- IB Higher-Level Language A Literature Exam or Language A Language and Literature Exam
with score of 4 or higher.
- CLEP with the following minimum score: French Level II: 59; German Level II: 60; Spanish
Level II: 63.
- TOEFL or other CSUSM-approved English language exam as a condition for admission to
- Completion at least 3 full-time years at a high school or university where English
was not the principal language of instruction.
- Intermediate-level ASL may fulfill this requirement; see Catalog for conditions.