Beyond the Stereotype Resources
Poster Campaign Curricular Modules
The powerpoint is designed to provide basic definitions. Anyone interested in using these curricular modules should feel free to do so, anyone who feels they do not have the background to present on these topics can request a workshop facilitator by contacting us at the following number (our number or email address). We are also available to do larger workshops on matters involving stereotypes, cultural misappropriation, micro aggressions and issues of race and identity.
List of Resources
- Beyond the Stereotype Curricular Modules (PPT/PDF)
- Race Themed Parties: Issues of Microaggressions (PPT/PDF)
- What is Cultural Appropriation and Why is it Wrong?
- When Parties Become Racialized
- Racial Microaggressions as Instigators
- From Cultural Exchange to Transculturation: A Review and Reconceptualization of Cultural Appropriation
- The Challenge of Detecting Contemporary Forms of Discrimination
- The White Man's Indian: Stereotypes In Film And Beyond
- Native Appropriations
- Racial Microaggressions as Instigators of Difficult Dialogues on Race: Implications for Student Affairs Educators and Students
- Majoring in Minstrelsy: White Students, Blackface and the Failure of Mainstream Multiculturalism
- Stereotype Threat: An Overview
- Responding to bias/stereotypes – Tolerance.org
- Stereotypes of African Men
- Washington Redskins/Jon Stewart
- Video on Bias in Hiring
- What kind of Asian Are You?
- Microaggression – Dr Derald Wing Sue
- Don't Cash Crop My Cornrows