Inclusive Classroom Resources
The Faculty Center offers programming to assist faculty in
- Understanding who CSUSM students are and their unique needs;
- Developing specific student learning outcomes related to Diversity & Equity Core Competencies;
- Developing specific readings, activities, and assessments to match their SLOs/Core Competencies;
- Being able to approach challenging conversations/difficult dialogues with courage, and have a variety of “tools” for facilitating these discussions.
For more information on current and upcoming DEI programs and events hosted by the Faculty Center, contact Dr. Robert Gutierrez-Perez, Faculty Fellow for Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice.
Helpful resources on DEI in the classroom from other campuses and publications
- CTL Resource Hub
- 4 Tips to Incorporate DEI in Your Classroom
- How to Center DEI in Teaching - Eberly Center - Carnegie Mellon University
- Teaching: How Can STEM Instructors Show Students They Belong?