Installing Software through SCCM Software Center
You can download software to your office computer by using Software Center from Microsoft
System Center 2012.
- Some installations, such as Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Cloud products,
are quite large and can take some time to download and install. It is highly recommended that
you only initiate an install at a time when your computer can be left powered on and
connected to the network for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- If a particular software program does NOT display in your Available Software tab it might already be install on your device,
please check the Installed Software tab at the top of Software Center.
1. Access the Software Center from the Start Menu - > All Programs - > Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 -> Configuration
Manager - > click on Software Center.
2 . When the Software Center opens, you will have a list of available software under the Available Software tab
Note: You can select one or more applications by checking the selection boxes next to
3. After desired software is selected click on the Install button on the bottom right of the Software Center window.
4. The Installation Status tab will show the progress of the applications being installed.
5. Once the install is complete the software will show in the Installed Software tab. Notice that you are given the option to uninstall the software by clicking on
the Uninstall button located in the bottom right corner.
If the application doesn't install correctly, you can try to reinstall it by clicking
on the Reinstall button other wise you may contact the helpdesk at ex 4790.
At this point you can close the Software Center and launch your newly installed application. Some software may require a reboot.
You will be prompted for a restart if this is necessary.