Led by Professor Emily Merryweather, our Summer in Australia program will offer students
the opportunity to learn from experts in the field of Positive Psychology as you volunteer
and attend the International Positive Psychology Assoiciation's 6th World Congress
on Positive Psychology in Melbourne, Australia. Beyond the conference, you will explore
two of Australia's largest and most vibrant cities, Melbourne & Sydney. Some of the
planned excursions include:
- 6th World Conference on Positive Psychology; click to view video
- Phillip Island, home of the Penguin Parade
- Aussie Rules Football Match
- The Great Ocean Road
- The Blue Mountains
- Walking Tours of Melbourne & Sydney and many more!
July 16-27, 2019
Psychology 344: Positive Psychology
Language of Instruction:
- Class level: Upper-division standing or prior approval by professor
- GPA: 2.75 and above; good academic standing prior to departure
3 units of PSYC 344: Positive Psychology
Shared rooms in clean, high quality hostels in Melbourne/Sydney city centers
$2,650 + $252 Extended Learning Fees
Program fees include local transportation passes in country, shared accommodation,
daily breakfast, excursions, welcome/farewell dinners, and medical insurance. Airfare
& in-country flight from Melbourne to Sydney as well as personal expenditures are
NOT included in the program cost, and estimated at $2,400.
*Price reduction possible if student enrollment exceeds 10 students.
Some Useful Airfare Search Engines:
Ideally, we will get all program participants together for pre-departure orientation
in which we will discuss the program, curriculum and make flight suggestions. It
is recommended that you await this meeting before booking any flights.
How to Apply:
- Attend an information session by Faculty Leader, Emily Merryweather.
- Fill out the online application materials via the link below. All application materials
must be received to Global Education, Craven 3200, by noon December 14, along with your $300 non-refundable deposit. Space is limited! Online payment preferred through CashNet. Please be advised to choose E-check and enter your checking account details to
avoid the 2.75% convenience fees applicable to all non-checking account payments.
Cash, checks, and money orders made payable to CSUSM will also be accepted.
- A second payment of $700 is due by noon February 1 to the Office of Global Education.
CashNet payment is preferred as outlined above. Payment of tuition related expenses ($252) will be billed by Extended Learning and
appear on your Student Center, following the payment guidelines set out for Summer
- Final payment of program fees is due by noon March 22 to the Office of Global Education.
- A mandatory pre-departure orientation will be held with Professor Merryweather to
discuss arrival instructions and the upcoming course. Proof of attendance will be
--Application is now Closed--
Please fill out your flight details here: Flight Form
Contact Professor Emily Merryweatherfor additional details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend an Information Session to Learn More:
|Wednesday, January 30
|Wednesday, February 6