Grant Proposal Seed Money (GPSM)
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
Grant Proposal Seed Money
To encourage and support faculty in the development and submission of proposals for
external funds, CSUSM through the Office of Graduate Studies and Research provides
Grant Proposal Seed Money (GPSM). These funds may be used for activities such as:
- Refining ideas
- Creating plans and designs
- Trying out methodologies
- Collecting preliminary data
- Conducting pilot or preliminary activities
- Reworking grant proposals that received encouraging review but were not funded
- Seeking fellowships
- Promoting collaboration
Proposal areas may include research, scholarly activities, and/or pedagogy. The funds
may be used for supplies, equipment, travel, stipends, student assistants, grant writing
assistance, or other needs associated with proposal development for grants or fellowships.
GPSM Application Instructions
- Download the GPSM application in Word.
- Once completed, please email your application, curriculum vitae, and supporting material
(i.e., project narrative or synopsis, budget summary or funding justification, etc.) to
Shaun Icasiano at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to write your application
as you would write a grant proposal submission.
- You will be contacted by the GPSM Award Committee within two weeks of submission.
If you have any questions about the GPSM application process, you are encouraged to
contact Dr. Charles De Leone or any member of the GPSM review committee (Merryl Goldberg, George Vourlitis, Raj
Pillai, Keith Trujillo and Laurie Stowell).
For questions or issues regarding the application, please contact Shaun Icasiano via email at email@example.com.