Starting February 15, 2021, CSUSM will require Housing residents to get a COVID-19
test on a weekly basis.
This new testing protocol is designed to help keep our community safe and to respond
quickly to any new cases that arise. By expanding our testing, CSUSM is providing
you with a more convenient testing process. Please see below for some additional details
and clarifications for your testing requirements.
The CSUSM website for information related to mandatory testing. This webpage will have specific information for Housing residents.
Clarifications for Housing Residents
- The University Village Apartments (UVA) will host a testing location in the Community
Building (UVA 102) for Housing residents only. Residents at the UVA and The QUAD are
encouraged to use this testing location. This testing site is open on Tuesdays.
- If you are not able to get tested at the UVA location, you can get tested at the other
nearby testing location at the Extended Learning Building (ELB E5102) (across the
street from The QUAD on the first floor, just to the right of the elevators). This
location is open 7 days a week.
- Please ensure that you have the CSUSM App downloaded on your smartphone. If you are
not able to utilize the CSUSM App on your phone or if you don't own a smartphone,
IITS can provide a device for this process. Please visit the IITS Technology Equipment Request Page for more information.
- If you are not going to be in campus housing for an entire week (Monday - Sunday),
please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us. Otherwise, if you are in
campus housing at any point, you will be required to get tested that week.
- You are NOT required to complete the Daily Screening Form UNLESS you are planning to be at any
location outside of Housing. So, if you venture onto campus (USU Computer Lab, ELB
for testing, in-person class, the Cougar Pantry), you will need to complete the Daily
Screening Form located in the CSUSM App.
- We encourage you to get tested on the same day each week. If you are not able to maintain
a consistent testing day of the week (Tuesday), please get tested on the day before
(Monday) or after (Wednesday) in the following week to maintain at least 6 days between
Testing Location & Hours
- The UVA Testing Center (UVA 102) is ONLY open Tuesdays from 10am - 5pm. UVA 102 is
the UVA Community Building.
- The Extended Learning Building Testing Center (ELB E5102) is open 7 days/week. The
hours have been updated here. The ELB is located across from the Quad Apartments. The testing center is located
on the first floor, to the right of the elevators. The next closest location is in
SBSB and is open more often than other sites.
- Check the COVID FAQ for locations and hours of the other testing sites on campus.
The CSUSM App
The CSUSM App was recently updated with the COVID Test functionality. Please see below
for what the recently updated CSUSM App looks like with the testing appointment function
(circled in red below).
The testing registration process is simple:
- Open the CSUSM App and press COVID Testing.
- Enter your phone number when prompted.
- Select UVA 102 for the UVA testing site.
- Scroll to the date/time for your testing appointment (available time slots are shaded
- Enter your name, date of birth, CSUSM email address and demographic information.
- Enter your address: UVA: 305 Campus View Drive or QUAD: 205 Braham Drive (San Marcos,
- Final step is your screening confirmation.
- Show up at the testing location for your testing appointment.
Follow the directions of the testing staff. And, then, schedule your appointment for
next week before you leave.
While we are testing every week, you can visit a testing if you need a test between
your designated dates. Again, thank you for doing your role in reducing the spread
of COVID. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.