The CSU Vision Plans
Who is VSP?
Founded in 1955, VSP is dedicated solely to providing eyecare wellness benefits through an exclusive network of independent eye doctors. These independent eye doctors are an important component of VSP's focus on eye health, diseases and conditions, and are grouped in the VSP Select Network, which has approximately 17,000 providers.
CSU Vision Plan - Basic
The following are some of the Vision Basic benefits available to eligible CSU employees:
- In-network frame allowance - $110;
- Out-of-network frame allowance - $60;
- In-network contact lens allowance - $120;
- Frame/Lenses/Contacts - every other calendar year
The frequency of benefits is based on a calendar year perspective. For example, if an employee has an eye exam in February 2022 and uses the offered prescription allowances towards frames/lenses/contacts, he/she will be eligible for prescription allowances again on January 1, 2024, or thereafter.
CSU Vision Plan - Premier
The following are some of the Vision Premier benefits available to eligible CSU employees:
- In-network frame allowance - $210;
- Costco frame allowance - $115;
- In-network contact lens allowance - $200;
- Frame/Lenses/Contacts - every calendar year
|Employee + Family||$28.99|
Note: If you upgrade to the Premier Plan, you must also enroll any dependents you wish to be covered, or they will lose all vision coverage.
Employees to complete and submit VSP Premier Enrollment form to HR Benefits Office.