MetLife Legal Plan
The MetLife® Legal Plan is a group prepaid legal plan (also known as MetLaw or Hyatt Legal Plans). The plan provides representation for many personal legal services for you and your eligible dependents.
- Eligible employees must enroll in the plan within 60 calendar days of employment (or re-employment, if there has been a break in service of more than 30 calendar days), or during an Open Enrollment period.
- Members are required to remain in the plan for a full benefit plan year. Cancellation of the plan for the next calendar year must be completed with MetLife® during Open Enrollment or the plan will continue for another year.
- Offered to CSU employees, excluding Rehired Annuitants, Special Consultants, Hourly Intermittent employees and Students. Eligible dependents are covered at no additional cost.
- Consultations by telephone or in-person are covered services.
- Some of the services covered include: identity theft defense, personal bankruptcy, tax audits, defense of civil lawsuits, document preparation, adoption or guardianship, real estate matters, traffic matters, wills and estate planning.
- Covered legal services performed by a Network attorney are fully paid for by the plan. Out-of-Network attorney fees for covered services are reimbursed based on a set fee schedule.
If there is a discrepancy between the above information and the official plan documents and contracts, the official documents will always govern.
- To enroll call (800) 438-6388; or
- Visit the CSU MetLife Legal Plan website
For more information, contact MetLife customer service at (800) 438-6388 or visit the plan website at https://www.metlife.com/info/csu/.