Casual Worker Employment
Under general direction, Casual Workers are hired to perform non-bargaining unit work that meets the "non-exempt" criteria for the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Appointments are intermittent, temporary, short-term (not to exceed 1-year).
Successful completion of a background check is required for all Casual Workers.
All non-CSUSM employees must complete the Sign In process on or before the first day of assignment. This process is legally required and ensures you are paid in a timely manner.
To expedite the process, the following forms may be completed prior to arrival and brought with the applicable documentation, as described below:
Sign In Process
- Employee Action Request Form
- Personnel Information Sheet
- Confidentiality Statement
- Self-Identification of Ethnicity
- Self-Identification of Veteran Status
- Self-Identification of Disability
- CSU Form SSA-1945
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form (Section 1 only, Section 2 must be completed by an authorized representative in person.
For candidates out of the area, please contact HR to make arrangements)
- Must provide original, unexpired documents from the USCIS List of Acceptable Documents
- Original social security card (To meet Federal Internal Revenue Service and California State Franchise Tax Board requirements)