All permanent/probationary or long-term temporary (more than 180 days) staff employees
are required to attend new employee orientation. We provide 2 different orientations:
1. New Employee Welcome & Orientation -
- New hires are invited to this orientation during the onboarding process and are scheduled
to attend on their first day, or the first available Monday thereafter. This orientation
provides a general introduction to CSUSM to help navigate your first few weeks on
campus. New hires will meet new colleagues, gain information about key areas of the
University, identify where to go with questions and learn about CSUSM's mission and
core values. Additionally, the new hire will learn more about CSUSM's robust benefits
2. The Cougar Crash Course -
- This orientation provides new employees with an introduction to the university with
presentations from different departments, as well as providing required training on
important safety topics. This too is also an opportunity to meet and network with
other new employees.
- Invitations are sent to the respective attendees two weeks prior to the event date.
Please direct all questions to Rebecca Keenan, HR Administrative Specialist, at x4429