Useful Training Links
Useful Training Related Links (CSU/CSUSM and other external training)
- CSU Fee Waiver – the Employee Fee Waiver Program is a generous benefit for eligible CSU faculty and staff employees. It allows employees or their spouses, domestic partners or dependents an opportunity to enroll in CSU general-fund course at reduced rates. The fee waiver does not apply to courses in self-support programs including Extended Learning Programs or Open University.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & WorkLife Online Trainings – the university’s EAP offers orientation workshops for employees to promote awareness of EAP programs and services. These orientations are listed on the HREO Training calendar. In addition, by accessing the EAP website, an employee can receive almost unlimited educational information on topics related to their Family, Health, Money, and Time. The EAP also offers free monthly webinars on timely topics such budgeting, relaxation, care-giving, etc.
- Leadership Academy – Leadership Academy is a three track professional development program designed for emerging leaders, new leaders, and experienced leaders. It is an extensive program that combines leadership assessment exercises as well as classroom and experiential learning, tailored to the individual’s professional development needs. Leadership Academy courses are designed to support the core competencies required for an effective leader at Cal State University San Marcos: Managing Yourself; Managing Your Team; Managing the Work; and Managing Collaboratively. This program support the University Executive Council’s leadership philosophy and initiatives. Participants are selected by Executive Council.
- Risk Management and Safety Training – RM&S offers a number of courses for campus employees.
- IITS Cascade Training
- Extended Learning – Extended Learning offers a wide range of professional and career development and personal enrichment programs. Courses include administrative, management, and leadership topics as well as certificate programs.
- The Source – CSU Systemwide Professional Development provides options for CSU employees to expand their job-related learning beyond campus offerings. These include thousands of e-Learning courses that are open to CSU employees and family.
- Workplace Answers – Provides the CSU’s online compliance training in Sexual Harassment, Ethics/Conflict of Interest, and Information Security. Employees that are required to complete any of these online trainings will be notified and will receive an email from Workplace Answers.
- Other Division, Department, and Campus Organization Training