- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
- CSU Online Professional Development Courses
- Useful Training Links
- Summer 9/80 Alternate Work Schedule
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CSU San Marcos offers a variety of training and professional development opportunities for employees. Training programs are designed to provide employees the opportunity to enhance their job skills and abilities for full potential in their position and for career development within the university. The university encourages all employees to take advantage of the various training and development opportunities offered.
Human Resources (HR) partners with campus departments and various agencies to provide training in key areas of professional development, campus processes, and Work/Life & Wellness. Workshops are provided at no cost to individuals or departments unless otherwise indicated.
See the Employee Training Center for current information on courses that are being offered this fiscal year. Please be sure to check this page on a regular basis to receive the most up-to-date information on available courses.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING RESOURCES
- CSU Fee Waiver – the Employee Fee Waiver Program is a generous benefit for eligible CSU faculty and staff employees. It allows employees or their spouses, domestic partners or dependents an opportunity to enroll in CSU general-fund course at reduced rates. The fee waiver does not apply to courses in self-support programs including Extended Learning Programs or Open University.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & WorkLife Online Trainings – the university’s EAP offers orientation workshops for employees to promote awareness of EAP programs and services. These orientations are listed on the HREO Training calendar. In addition, by accessing the EAP website, an employee can receive almost unlimited educational information on topics related to their family, health, money, and time. The EAP also offers free monthly webinars on timely topics such budgeting, relaxation, care-giving, etc.
- Leadership Academy – Leadership Academy is a three track professional development program designed for emerging leaders, new leaders, and experienced leaders. It is an extensive program that combines classroom and experiential learning, tailored to the individual’s professional development needs. Leadership Academy courses are designed to support the core competencies required for an effective leader at Cal State University San Marcos: Managing Yourself; Managing Your Team; Managing the Work; and Managing Collaboratively. This program supports the University Executive Council’s leadership philosophy and initiatives. Participants are selected by Executive Council.
- Risk Management and Safety Training – RM&S offers a number of courses for campus employees.
- IITS Cascade Training
- Extended Learning – Extended Learning offers a wide range of professional and career development and personal enrichment programs. Courses include administrative, management, and leadership topics as well as certificate programs.
- The Source – CSU Systemwide Professional Development provides options for CSU employees to expand their job-related learning beyond campus offerings. These include thousands of e-Learning courses that are open to CSU employees and family.
- Workplace Answers – Provides the CSU’s online compliance training in Sexual Harassment, Ethics/Conflict of Interest, and Information Security. Employees that are required to complete any of these online trainings will be notified and will receive an email from Workplace Answers.
- Other Division, Department, and Campus Organization Training
Campus divisions, departments, and organizations also offer training on a periodic basis. For example, The Partners in Campus Business Operations (PCBO) group provides training and presentations on important business operations to employees who coordinate department financial and administrative processes. Suggestions & Feedback?
Human Resources would love your input on future training opportunities that provide education and enrichment for employees. If you have attended a valuable workshop or seminar that you would like to see offered on campus or if you have any feedback, please let us know by completing out the Suggestions and Feedback form!