Considering a new textbook for your course? Watch this video before talking to the publisher's representative.
Then take a look at the options below.
The CSUSM bookstore also partners with LAD Custom Publishing, allowing you to create a course pack which can be delivered in print or digital
format. LAD has the print and digital distribution rights for Harvard Business Publishing
content, so they can make the material available to you immediately and at lower cost
versus ordering direct.
- LAD manages the copyright permissions for you.
- An itemized breakdown of copyright permission fees/cost is available upon request,
- Just bring copies of articles, book chapters or original work, along with the citation
information to the bookstore and LAD will scan the originals, so you have a clean
- Contact the Course Materials Manager at the CSUSM bookstore for more information.
Use XanEdu to create tailored course packs for students to purchase - reusable term
after term. They now offer a full-service option for creating custom course materials.
For more information about working with XanEdu, start at the customized CSU portal. To access the do-it-yourself platform right away, go to csu.sharedbook.com and select CSUSM.
- XanEdu will clear anything available from Copyright Clearance Center.
- From their website search tools, access over 5 million pieces of content from 170+
publishers and OER providers, in over 80 disciplines.
- Browser for content by topic, title, author, discipline, or industry.
- Upload new content, pull from the web, or add links. A digital desk copy is available
- You get a real-time running total of royalty costs as you add materials.
- Course materials can be delivered as print and digital versions to students.
- XanEdu's award-winning digital platform allows students to highlight, take notes,
collaborate with peers and instructors, and more.
- Flatworld offers over 100 lower-cost textbooks, "professionally developed and peer
reviewed", covering over 20 subjects.
- The majority of texts are in business and economics, and the humanities and social
sciences, but they are quickly increasing their science offerings.
- Can provide test banks, instructor manuals, lecture slides and quizzes.
- Use the book as-is, or modify as needed to better fit your course. Under their open
license you are free to edit, move or delete information using their simple editing
Students can read your selected book in the format and price of their choice. Online
only with study aids start at $30.00, downlodable digital versions start at $35.00.
Browse their textbooks, then signup for free instructor access and editing.
The CSUSM Campus bookstore is operated by Follett. While all the major publishers
are participating in the CSU Rent Digital program to offer most textbooks as digital
version at 60% off the list price, the bookstore may not make all these available.
Check the publisher's website or ask your publisher's representative if your textbook
is available in digital format. If it is, but the bookstore has not made it available,
contact the bookstore to request it.
- When considering a new textbook, use the Follett online adoptions tool to find out whether Follett makes the the text available as a rental, used, or
- After registering, enter the ISBNs of the textbook and the available formats will