I understand I am required to display my valid CSUSM identification in order to check out equipment and that this equipment is only issued to enrolled CSUSM students, faculty or staff. I further understand that I am not allowed to check out equipment if I have any overdue item(s) or fine(s). I also understand that any communications between the campus and the borrower will be through my official student, staff or faculty email account (i.e., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Late fees accrue at $2 per hour, per item, for all media equipment and $10 per hour for laptops.
I assume full responsibility and financial liability for all the equipment and accessories borrowed during the time it is checked out to me.
- I understand that any contents on the equipment will be erased to preserve my privacy and to prepare the equipment for another user to use. I understand I am responsible for backing up data prior to returning the item.
- I understand that the equipment and all accessories must be returned by the due date to the location from where the equipment was borrowed.
- I understand fines begin accruing as soon as the equipment is overdue and that I am responsible for paying all fines. I further understand a hold will be placed on my records, barring me from registering or receiving a transcript, until I pay this fine in full.
- I understand that I will return the device in the same condition in which I received it. If it is not returned in the same condition, I agree to reimburse Cal State San Marcos for the loss of, or damage to, any equipment checked out to me. Charges will include replacement or repair costs and shipping costs. I understand a hold will be placed on my records, barring me from registering or receiving a transcript, until I fully reimburse the University for any loss or damage.
- I acknowledge that when I return the equipment, a staff member will verify all parts are present and that the equipment is in good working order. I will be required to remain with the staff member until this check-in is completed. During the check-in process, I may request a receipt, acknowledging the return of the equipment.
- I understand and will comply with the CSUSM campus acceptable use policy.
- I understand I can appeal a fine within 30 days of the due date by using the Equipment Checkout Appeal Form.
- I understand that if I tamper with this device and/or its contents, I will be barred from future equipment checkout privileges and may be subject to campus disciplinary procedures.