Third Party Sites
CSUSM is currently redefining the scope of what sites are allowed outside of the official CSUSM campus footprint (www.csusm.edu). An official policy is in the works but not yet publicly available; this pending change will start impacting ITR purchase/renewal requests in the interim.
It is currently advised that most third party hosted sites (Wix, Weebly, Wordpress, etc) are re-absorbed into the main www.csusm.edu footprint for security and accessibility reasons.
Determination of Site Host Placement
- If the site is CSUSM branded and for the general public, this site should be hosted on OU Campus.
- If the site is CSUSM branded and for a specific internal audience, this site might be best as a Sharepoint site.
- If the site is not CSUSM branded and campus is not paying for the site hosting, this is considered a personal site and third-party site rules do not apply.
- If the site is used to host course materials for students in your course(s), this site should be hosted on Cougar Courses.
- If the site is CSUSM branded and for a public-facing lab (a blend of information and instructional materials), this site should be hosting on OU Campus.
If your site(s) previously were hosted on a third-party site and had a vanity URL for marketing purposes - you can still have that URL on OU Campus. Please contact the Web Team (email@example.com) to start this transition process.