Fall 2020 Updates and Changes
Cougar Courses was upgraded on Friday, August 14.
Are you new to Cougar Courses? Or just want a refresher on the basics? View our New to Cougar Courses Workshop videos.
If you have questions, you can use our help guides, email us at email@example.com, or drop in to our TRC Zoom office hours from 10 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday at
Details About Version 3.8
Specific details about Moodle version 3.8 are available on the links below.
- Grade with a rubric (instructor)
- Star posts (instructor and student)
- Add a private reply in a forum (instructor)
- Manually lock discussions. (instructor)
- Submit forum posts for assessment and view your grades (student)
- Export forum discussions and view a detailed summary report of student activity (instructor)
- Due dates displayed in the Deadlines section
- Clear answer choice (student)
- Attach files such as images or record sound/video when answering an essay question (instructor)
- Better integration. Engage with interactive content in Pages, Labels, Books and more.
- Bulk select and send messages to students from the Insights report (instructor)
- Session time out alert (instructor and student)
- The active quiz tool is no longer available. It hasn't been upgraded since 2017 and
it not compatible with 3.8.
- The Zoom activity has been disabled. It doesn't provide the same security options
as adding a link from https://zoom.csusm.edu