Why do this?
You can easily copy content from one Cougar Courses container to another, provided
both courses are recent (Fall 2016 to now). You can also use the Import process to
copy content from one Community container to another. If the course that has the content
you want is from before Fall 2016, or you want to move content from a Community container
to a Cougar Courses container (or vice versa), you must use the Backup and Restore process. To access courses prior to Fall 2016, click on Previous Courses in the footer of
Cougar Courses to access the link for the academic year of the course you want to
Once you have finished importing content, please see our help guide "Checklist for Updating an Imported/Restored Course" for next steps.
- Go into the course you want to bring content into (your new course). Note: If you are using the Weekly Format or want to keep the same
dates from the course you are copying from you will want to change the course start
date before importing. For more information, please see our help guide "Set Course Start/End Date." If not, proceed to step 2.
- When ready to import: click the gear icon in the upper right to open the Course Administration.
From the dropdown, select Import.
- Click the radio button in front of the course you wish to import (the course that
has the content that you want). Then click Continue. Note: If you don't see the course, type the course name (ex. ENVS 210) in the search box
and press Search to locate it.
- If you wish to bring over all of the content, click the "Jump to final step" button at the bottom. If you do so, the import will begin immediately. Once the
import is complete click Continue to complete the process. Once you have finished importing content, please see our
help guide "Checklist for Updating an Imported/Restored Course" for next steps. If you only want to bring over a select number of items, instead click Next and proceed
to steps 5 through 8.
- On the Schema Settings page, review your course content. By default, all items will
be selected. Click the checkboxes to deselect any topics/modules or content you do
not want to import into your new course. To bring over an item you must have the box
for that topic/module checked as well.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom and click Next.
- On the Confirmation and Review page, review the list of included items (identified
with a check mark). To edit your selections, click Previous.
- When ready, at the bottom of the screen click Perform import. Time to import will vary according to your course size. Once the import is complete,
Once you have finished importing content, please see our help guide "Checklist for Updating an Imported/Restored Course" for next steps. Note: Imported Turnitin Assignments can encounter major errors. To resolve, please see
the section "If you are using imported Turnitin Assignments" on the Checklist for Updating an an Imported/Restored Course guide.