Virtual Event Support
After a year of remote work, most of us are pretty comfortable with using Zoom for
our meetings. But one of the effects of the pandemic has been to make in-person conferences
and events all but impossible. We still need to do conferences and events. Media Production
Services (MPS) has assisted many clients in creating successful virtual events over
the past year, working in conjunction with other campus providers. Some virtual event
- Virtual meetings and webinars via Zoom
- Video and audio production capabilities
- Live streaming for any size audience (YouTube)
- Recording and on-demand delivery after the event
- Mobile-friendly web page development
- Online surveys and registration
- Assistance with accessibility requirements
We have assisted with a wide variety of events across the campus community, from film
festivals to student orientation, involving from dozens to thousands of participants.
Get us involved in your event early - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Event Elements
A virtual event is built around content, attendee engagement, and data. Here are the
elements that make up a virtual event:
- Event website - main place for registration, links, and information about your event.
- Event registration (e.g. Zoom, Qualtrics,Wufoo) - let's you know who's coming and creates a record of
attendees for later follow up.
- Media content
- Live presentation content
- Recorded content - pre-recorded and played during the event.
- Adjustable interactivity
- Interactive video conferencing - maximum engagement for smaller groups
- Live, one-way audio/video - focused activity for large audiences
- Question and answer / Chat - help your audience engage and get the answers they are looking for.
- Live polling - get a feel for the room.
- Breakout rooms - for smaller focused group participation.
- Feedback surveys - see what people thought and what we can do better next time.