Workshops & Self-help Resources
- Cougar Courses (LMS), using student response systems (iClickers), teaching online, flipping your course and effective assessment practices.
- GIS for Non-Geographers - Introductory - Geography-based websites and Google Earth also demonstrated.
- Creating Usable Cougar Course Content (Accessibility)
- Cascade: Hands-on instruction with the campus web publishing tool. Accessibility also addressed for web content providers.
- Optimizing Websites: Covering content writing, best-practices of web design, and specific CSUSM publishing standards.
Box @ CSUSM About - (Cloud Storage)
- Self-help videos and guides in addition to 10 Box training topics. Email Margie Kidd for in-person training.
MyCSUSM and CMS PeopleSoft
- Faculty Self Service - Quick Reference Sheet
- Student Administration - Student Self Service
- myCSUSM and PeopleSoft Browser guide
- Setting up your Win 10 desktop
- How to video - Start Menu Tips & Tricks
- How to video - Multi-Tasking
- How to video - Getting Help
- How to video - Customize Start menu
- How to video - Photo Apps
- Windows 10 designed for all of your devices
Office 2016 - All Microsoft software programs
- Microsoft offers free self-paced training for Windows & MAC/OS - Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Recommended MS 2016 training books
Other Online Training Resources
- Outlook 2010 Calendar - CSU Northridge put togetrher this fantastic guide
- Adobe/Macromedia Training - Lessons for Adobe products such as Acrobat and Photoshop
- HP Learning Center - HP's free lessons cover many of the Microsoft products
- Jeff Levy - Jeff provides free links to lessons in easy-to-use language for Windows and Mac OS
- Leo Laporte - Links to free articles, FAQs, and even a glossary on his site
- lynda.com - Lessons for about every software in existence
- Kim Kommando - You can sign up for free daily tips from Kim, plus there's a box to "Search this site" at the top of the page
- The Kellogg Library also has on-line books for many software programs. To access this information, find the Safari books in the database listings. These books are available for viewing online and are avilable on-campus and off campus. (For off-campus access, you will have to provide your username and password.). Here is a listing of additional Recommended Microsoft Books.
Zoom (Web Conferencing)
Zoom is a cloud-based platform for video and audio conferencing, mobile collaboration, and simple online meetings. This article provides some basic information about the use of Zoom. Zoom's web-based conferencing uses high-quality video and audio and is accessible on MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android mobile devices. Additionally, Zoom can be used with conventional phone lines for audio conferencing. However, using conventional phones may involve local or long distance telephones charges incurred by those invited to join the audio conference.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns about improving this new on-line version of campus training, please email User Support Services. You are also welcome to recommend other websites you've found especially helpful.