Transfer Orientation Before, During, and After
- Prior to orientation, you will register yourself for your courses through the MyCSUSM registration website. You should plan to enroll in a minimum of 12 units (considered
- You will use the Degree Planner, which will let you know the requirements you still
need to fulfill.
- You will use the Schedule Assistant, to plan your fall schedule days and times.
- You should complete the orientation 15 homework that will show you how to use both
of these tools.
- Prior to orientation your advisors will be reaching out to those individuals who have
not enrolled in at least 12 units, to help complete his or her schedule.
- At orientation you'll be one of about 200 students . After introductions to the University,
you and about 20-30 other Liberal Studies majors will break away from the big group
and join the Liberal Studies advisors in a computer lab. You will spend the rest
of the orientation in that room with your academic advisors.
- Your advisors will give a presentation on our services, how to reach us, the major,
and the important requirements and policies you need to know to be a successful student
at Cal State San Marcos. This will last about an hour.
- Remember: While advisors will be available that day to answer questions, we cannot
do extensive one-on-one advising, nor do long-range academic planning. You can reach
your advisors during the summer. Beginning the third week of the semester, you can
schedule an appointment with an advisor to do long-range planning.
- The best way to be prepared is by completing this orientation checklist and quiz.