Bringing Language to Life Outside the Classroom
Hours & Contact Info
We are friendly, welcoming and informal. Students do not need to be taking a specific
classe to use the LLC. Bring a friend!
We support Spanish, French, Mandarin, Arabic, American Sign Language (ASL), German,
and Linguistics 100 & 300.
Special Speaker Series!
Learn how to integrate your bilingualism/language into ANY career!
Spring 2019 Topics: Psychology, K-12 Education, Speech-Language Pathology, Public Health, Global Health,
Diplomacy, International Relations, Non-Profit and Public Management, Community Development,
Details & Dates
All sessions 12-12:45, Kellogg 1107
How Tutoring Works
- This is different than teaching: we work with you.
- Before asking for guidance, do as much as you can.
- We do not proofread, edit, translate, or do work for you.
- Some instructors offer extra credit or require visits for tutoring or independent
study. Info about Instructors.
We can work with you on:
- Verb conjugations
- Pronunciation and accent
- Test prep
- Study techniques and strategies for success
- Arabic alphabet
- Chinese pinyin, characters and tones
- ASL signs, classifiers and body languag
- Spanish advanced grammar for heritages speakers
- Spanish written accents
- Spanish essay-writing
How Appointments Work
- See Tutoring Schedule for when tutors are free and for how to book an appointment.
- Most tutoring occurs in Kellogg 1107 (LLC). However: Spanish 250, 301B, 302, 303,
315, 317, 330 and 350A meets in USU 3300 (Latin@ Center)!
- Bring a friend from the same class for a "buddy" session!
- Appointments can be 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
- Try to book at least 1 day (24 hours) ahead.
- You can book 1 week ahead.
- You can book 1 per day.
- You can book 4 per week.
- You will lose your slot if you are more than 10 minutes late.
- You will be blocked if you are a no-show, until you talk to LLC.