At CSUSM, we embrace and encourage our community differences in Age, Disability, Race
and Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity and Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual
Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status, and other characteristics
that make our community unique. A safe, collaborative, inclusive, and respectful workplace
is a vital prerequisite to the University achieving its goals and preserving its reputation
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance in interpreting and applying the provisions of staff collective
- Providing advice and coaching for managers and supervisors on performance improvement,
progressive discipline, and other on-the-job problems.
- Providing advice and assistance to employees seeking to resolve work-related problems.
- Providing clarification and advice on University and CSU policy, and compliance with
laws governing employment such as the Higher Education Employee-Employer Relations
- Providing counsel, advice, and conflict resolution with respect to work related difficulties,
including the resolution of grievances and complaints.
- Monitoring and coordinating union release time for staff.
- Responding to requests for information.
- Coordinating campus responses to State Personnel Board and Public Employee Relations